Gambling and Music!
Are those lyricists who had written songs about gambling can they be called gamblers?
Or rather should I say, would they need to try gambling to be able to write songs about them?
Well, of course I am not judgmental so I would not say that they are gamblers neither I would not assume that they dealt with the games once on their lives just because of the songs they had written probably one of the reason is that I had no right to judge them.
And even though let say they are gamblers, still we do not have the right to accused them of doing something bad because we really do not know a thing.
Actually, the lyricists are not the main subject of this article; rather we would focus on the songs themselves as how they were connected to gambling and we would try to analyze the lyrics as how would it be in effect to our lives.
Just gambling and music :-)
1. Poker Face – (Lady Gaga)
“I wanna roll with him a hard pair we will be
A little gambling is fun when you're with me, I love it
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun, fun”
- Well who among the generations nowadays have not heard of this song, this is actually one of the most popular gambling songs that shocks the world not because of the song but the singer, probably because of some rumors about her being an illuminati or an anti-Christ.
2. The Ace of Spades – (Motorhead)
“If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, it's all the same to me
The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is
The Ace Of Spades
The Ace Of Spades
Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil,
Going with the flow, it's all a game to me,
Seven or Eleven, snake eyes watching you,
- Considering the fact that I am not quite a fan of a metal music, I don’t know why this song really caught my attention but upon reading and analyzing the lyrics, it is one hundred percent gambling and very true to the fact as it really happens in real life. From the genre of the music to the lyrics concept, it really goes along with each other.
3. Three Card Trick – (The Clash)
“You won’t fall for that law and order is a baton in the rib
You won’t fall for that just like your mummy & your daddy did
I'll eat my hat I'm gonna be sick
They own the pack while we play the three card trick”
- Though the entire lyrics don’t directly talk about gambling, the song is all about the comparison of life to gambling specifically to card games. As the sample lyrics mentioned is about the consequence of having a gambling problem.
4. Blackjack – (Ray Charles)
“I sat there with two tens
I thought I'd have some fun
The dealer hit sixteen with a five
Just enough to make twenty one
Hey hey hey yeah yeah
How unlucky can one man be
Well every quarter I get
Yeah, blackjack takes it away from me”
- This is a direct description of being a gambler, whatever it takes, whatever the consequence would be, the gambling would be the priority. But what’s important here is a good lesson that despite of what’s happening to this gambler, he prays to god to help him cure himself.
5. The Gambler (Kenny Rogers)
“You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.
Now Ev'ry gambler knows that the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep.”
- I got to wow this lyrics as I already wrote this in one of my article particularly poker tips and strategies. But on these lyrics, this is not only about gambling but tackles generally on the way of life. Very symbolic and meaningful, this one is actually my favorite, not to mention it is Kenny Rogers, so love this one.
6. Gambler (Madonna)
“I'm a gambler, and I will take you by surprise
Gambler, I'll aim this straight between your eyes
Gambler, yeah I know all the words to say
'Cause I'm a gambler, I only play the game my way, yeah”
- Another upbeat music that invades the billboard chart for quite some time that involves gambling is Madonna’s “Gambler”. Just like the lyrics of the song, Madonna seems to be unstoppable during her time and also the time of this song’s popularity.
7. Roulette (Jon Bon Jovi)
“Bet the black comes in red, crimes of passion rule my head
I need you, you want him, dressed to kill we live in sin I know the game you play, I know it well
You just keep on playin' when all the bets are down”
- One of my favorite artists happens to have a song with gambling as the theme. Very full of story, from a story of a love triangle to betrayal to crime. Life is compared to roulette in this song. You just need to spin your wheel to make your own destiny.
8. The gambling Song (Cliff Richards)
“From birth to death we gamble
The lots are daily cast
No warning or preamble
Which one will be your last?”
Every game on any casino has been mentioned in this song, and everyone of it has been compared to a slice of life. I can say that this song is underrated because for me, this is one of the best lyrics I had ever heard. And of course, all the ideas mentioned are purely based on opinions and the chronology of the list was based on what songs come to my mind first and next.
There are still a lot of songs out there that tackles gambling and considered gambling on their lyrics, and no matter how well they are written, it is always confirmed that gambling can no longer be fun if it already ruins life whether it is your own life or other people’s lives.
|Copyright © Online-Gambling.co.uk